Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Another New Year Already?





2012 has slunk in under the doorframe and already looks tired.

“Well,” say I “sit down. Put your feet up. Rest awhile and think about how you want to spend the next 11 months, 27 days.”

I do not do long range planning well. I’m more the spontaneous type – slightly obsessive/compulsive but in a good way. That probably helps to explain why we’ve bought and sold seven houses in the past forty or so years and why even as I write this, the restlessness has descended and I’m looking around at real estate listings.

My beloved sweetly suggests I maybe should look for another outlet for my “creative spirit.” I’m positive he speaks from pure concern for me and not his dwindling retirement accounts. (?)

As I go through the search – inward and outward – I share with you these saved images from my laptop. The ostriches are my latest favorite wallpaper and the wall of windows is the potential “bonus room” in our Rochester townhouse - at least, in my dreams. One of my bff’s and I just finished the painting for my brother – a rip off of Cy Twombly – and the doll sculpture is a rip off of that talented Bliss lady.

May we all have a thoughtfully creative 2012.

No comments: