Friday, July 3, 2015

PS - BARN QUILT SIGNS

This will be brief!

I bought my MDO at Rochester Lumber. Now to cut it into 3 ft. squares, the size I think best for my barn.

Next comes exterior primer on ALL SIDES INCLUDING EDGES.

Finally, deciding and painting the design in exterior paint. Since my barn was part of a dairy farm in the 1800's, I'm thinking "cows."

If you looked at the map of New York, you noticed that Monroe County does NOT have a "barn quilt trail" and it seems to me that should be "fixed."  Initiating a barn quilt trail program is actually pretty easy, does not require the art council to put $$$ upfront and is a terrific "attention getter" for both the art councils and tourist bureaus...with or without additional investment in marketing.

I sent an email to the Monroe County Arts and Culture Council to suggest the above....no response. If ANYBODY OUT THERE IS READING THIS, perhaps you could follow up? After all, don't we all need another quilt in our dull Upstate winters?

No comments: